Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tablecloth Bag

Post 13 of ? in the series, "Why I Haven't Blogged in Over Six Months"



I made this box bag out of a cheap vinyl tablecloth I got at Big Lots. My one regret is forgetting to put a handle on it- literally, I was so excited to stitch it together and see how it was going to turn out that I forgot to include the strap that I had already measured and cut- doh! The pattern is from Simply Sublime Bags: 30 No-Sew, Low-Sew Projects, by Jodi Kahn. I added the lining and sewed the zipper in traditionally but her instructions are great. I recommend this book for some great sewing alternatives like staples and duct tape. Exciting stuff!

I have been using this as a bag-within-a-bag to protect my small knitting projects (like socks and dishcloths) for about four months now so it's starting to show a little bit of wear but overall it's holding up pretty well.

No comments: