Friday, December 10, 2010

T-Shirts, T-Shirts, T-Shirts

Post 7 of ? in the series, "Why I Haven't Blogged in Over Six Months"

As some of you know, I am a compulsive T-shirt maker. This habit actually started quite young, as I rode the eighties wave of T-shirt paints and added my own personal touch to T-shirts (and sweatshirts) all the way back to the second grade. I even recall having a T-shirt painting birthday party one year where everyone who came got to embellish their very own T-shirt (purchased from the local Goodwill). The awesome 24 pack of assorted Tulip brand T-shirt paints in plastic squeeze bottles (purchased from Costco for the totally reasonable price of $19.99) provided us with every color from sea foam green to florescent pink- it was like a nerdy craft girl's dream come true.

While I do still appreciate the occasional plastic squeeze bottle of T-shirt paint, since those days of budding craft nerdiness I have gone on to discover other ways to turn an ordinary T-shirt into a form of self-expression. My T-shirt embellishment of choice these days tends to be of the iron-on variety. If you haven't tried iron-ons lately, you're missing out. Iron-on technology has come a long way over the years. Not all of them are great but I've managed to find a few that really work for me.

Here are the latest of my T-shirt embellishing exploits...

I came up with this idea on my own and, according to a few google searches, no one else had thought of it, at least not on the internet.


This was actually my husband's ComicCon T-shirt this year. He drew the picture and I slapped it on a T-shirt for him. The design actually combines the bots from Mystery Science Theater 3000 and a line from the Rifftrax commentary for Avatar. It was perfect for ComicCon.


Here's the back.

No comments: