Friday, December 17, 2010

Coffee Cuff

Post 15 of ? in the series, "Why I Haven't Blogged in Over Six Months"



This project was really an excuse to try out a quilting technique that I've been curious about for a while. If you're interested in the gory, technical, quilty details you can see them here. My mom calls this method cheating, I call it quilting for dummies.

This went pretty well but I think when I make more of these I'll do a simpler version or use bigger than 1" squares. The stitching around the edges bothers me because it's not as neat as I would have liked it to be. I think by the time I was sewing it all together it was just too thick and lumpy for my machine. Anyway, next time I'll know better. Overall, I like it though. I feel like a hardcore coffee person every time I whip it out at Starbucks and say, "Oh, I don't need a cardboard cuff, I've got my own." The barista usually either says, "How cute!" or just looks at me like I'm weird. I can live with that.

No comments: