Friday, December 24, 2010

Grandma Cookies!

Since it's Christmas Eve and all...


These cookies became a family tradition about twenty years ago when my Grandma Hansen started making dozens of them every Christmas. She would give them away by the bucket full to everyone she knew- and everyone loved them. I started making them myself a few years ago to help carry on the delicious tradition. While I haven't managed to ever make enough batches to give them away in mass quantities (I have limited counter space in my tiny kitchen), they are my favorite thing to contribute at holiday gatherings. They are also one of my favorite things to eat at holiday gatherings.

The recipe is no real secret- peanut butter sandwiched between Ritz crackers and dipped in chocolate. So go whip up a batch and share the love- or just eat them all by yourself. Don't worry, I won't tell anyone- I'll be too busy eating a whole batch of my own. Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Yum! I remember these from last year. Missing enjoying them with you!

Sheila D. Staves said...

I was able to crank out over 100 of them this year - even got festive and used some red & green vanilla flavored candy. Our dog kept a very watchful eye on me for the ENTIRE process.

Katie K said...

Monica, I could have sent you some but I don't know how well they would have survived the trip to Canada.

Aunt Sheila, that's awesome. I've finally perfected the Ritz cracker to chocolate ratio so that I always get at least 60 out of each box of crackers with 2 pounds of chocolate. I also like to line them up in super anal retentive rows of five across so that they're easy to count.