Friday, March 18, 2011

Edmund Was Right, This Stuff Is Amazing!

A little over a year ago, at the 2010 Queen Mary Scottish Festival*, I tried one of these for the first time...

It was unlike anything I had ever tasted before.  It's basically gummy rose flavored candy wrapped in chocolate.  It's strange, but not so strange that I hate it- in fact, now I'm hooked.  I've been buying these at every other Scottish festival I've attended for that past year.  Then, today, I was searching the internet to see if there was anywhere I could buy them online and I inadvertently ran across this bazaar television ad for this delightfully sweet treat.



I did find several places that sell these online but I have decided that maybe I love them so much because I only get them a couple times a year (kind of like Cadbury Eggs) so I will be limiting my Turkish Delight purchases to events that include massive gatherings of people in kilts.

*Special thanks to Amy for convincing me that nothing bad would happen if I took a bite of one of these.  I can haz candeez?

3 comments:

So many thoughts... said...

That video!!!! LOL!!! How did anyone ever think that would help them sell their product?!?!?! "Full of Eastern Promise" even though the actors are obviously Western??? Amazing! Thanks for sharing another gem from the 80s.

alisegrant said...

WEIRD video! The packaging is so startling and childish beside all the sexual Turkish tension.

Katie K said...

Susanne: You know how much I love gems from the 80s but Jems from the 80s are even more awesome http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3428771856883769976#

Alise: Your comment cracked me up. So funny but so true.