Wednesday, June 1, 2011

April Showers Bring May...Madness?


Well, I managed to let a whole month slip by without touching my blog.  But it wasn't just any month.  It was the super crazy out of control month of May.  Here is what my calendar looked like by the end of the month...


On top of our normal weekly commitments (Monday night I go walking with "the girls," Tuesday night I have band practice, Saturday night Josh goes and plays video games with "the guys," Sunday morning is church, Sunday afternoon Josh has a group of "other guys" he goes and meets with in Glendale, then we have Bible study with our small group Sunday nights) there were events scheduled every weekend and events scheduled at the same time as other events and it was madness...MADNESS!  It felt like I was busy every waking minute which made it impossible to document any of the shenanigans and goings on.  

I shouldn't complain though.  I mean, I did this to myself by wanting to be involved in "stuff" and "stuff" often takes up a lot of time.  The problem with this particular month was that all the "stuff" happened at once.  It was like everyone we knew (including ourselves) and every group we're involved with planned things or had things happening around the same time and when you have multiple circles of friends and family who don't all know each other, it gets tricky keeping up with it all.  I don't regret my decision to try to make it to everything.  These were all things I enjoyed and wanted to be a part of. I guess sometimes I just wish events could be spread out evenly over time so that they could all be enjoyed to the fullest and not just rushed through on the way to the next thing written on the calendar.

So anyway, because I know you've all been on the edge of your seats, wondering what the heck I've been up to for a month, I'll try to spend the next few days playing catch-up.  We'll see how that goes.  I have lots to share but I don't want June to suffer for May's madness.

No comments: