Thursday, March 18, 2010

Sharp Dressed Composition Book

Recently I bought a book that has given me the push I needed to use my sewing machine and the pile of fabric that has been growing steadily for far too long now. The book is called The New Handmade and it's by Cassie Barden. The projects are pretty simple but very practical and the step-by-step instructions are clear and easy to follow- which is perfect for a sewing novice like me.

Since it was this project that convinced me I needed this book, I decided to tackle it first. I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It's not perfect but I'm learning to be okay with that (at least on first attempts). I've realized that sewing is something that takes practice (duh). I definitely plan on making more of these- I have lots of naked journals and composition books in need of some spiffy clothing.





3 comments:

So many thoughts... said...

Well done!!!! I love it!!! Did that book have any patterns for skirts?

Katie K said...

Thanks! No patterns for skirts in this book but I've seen a few elsewhere that look doable.

emily said...

Cute!